Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"YEARS AGO, a neighbor and I collaborated and submitted this recipe for an apple contest. We won first prize...a bushel of apples, of course. We had such fun experimenting, and I think of her whenever I make this dish. It's a favorite whenever I take it to a potluck or other group gathering. -Phyllis Atherton, South Burlington, Vermont"
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 1/3 cup raisins
- add 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- add 1 large tart apple, cubed
- add 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- add 1/4 cup chopped onion
- add Pastry for a single-crust 9-inch pie
- add 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup, turkey, apple, raisins, lemon juice and nutmeg; mix well. Spoon into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit top of dish. Cut vents in pastry, using a small apple cookie cutter if desired. Place over filling; flute edges. Bake at 425 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.