Servs: 5 Prep: Cook:
These are the most flavorful meatballs I've ever tasted! A friend found this recipe on this amazing blog called orangette.blogspot.com and it has become a staple in my kitchen. Anyone who I've introduced these to fall in love. You can eat them hot, warm or cold. They are good no matter how you eat them. They take some time to prepare but trust me, they are worth the wait!
- add 1 pound ground white-meat turkey
- add 1 small yellow onion, minced
- add 1 egg
- add Â¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- add Â½ cup toasted pine nuts
- add Â½ cup golden raisins
- add Â½ cup fine bread crumbs
- add A few pinches ground cumin
- add Â½ tsp salt
- add A few pinches freshly ground black pepper
- add Olive oil
- add Lemon-and-cumin yogurt sauce (see below)
- add Lemon-and-Cumin Yogurt Sauce
- add Nonfat plain yogurt
- add 1 lemon, juiced
- add Garlic, finely chopped
- add Ground cumin
- add Ground chili
- add Salt
- add Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except olive oil and yogurt sauce together in a bowl, preferably using your hands. You do want all ingredients to be evenly mixed.
- Form the mixture into 1 inch balls. Heat a thin film of olive oil in a heavy skillet over moderate heat, and sautÃ© the meatballs in batches for a few minutes, getting each side brown.
- After all the meatballs have been browned for a few minutes, pop them into an oven at 400 degrees to continue the cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Place on a paper towel to catch excess oil. Serve hot, warm, or cold with yogurt sauce.
- For the Lemon-and-Cumin Yogurt Sauce:
- Mix ingredients to taste in a bowl, and keep chilled until serving.