twice baked stuffed meltey meaty potatoes
Economical ($2-5 per person)
Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
"it looked small until I started eating.." "wow - that's really good."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 Large Russet Potatoes
- add 4 Spicy Italian Sausages
- add 1 cup bite-sized cubed, cooked ham
- add 1 deli pack of sliced pepper jack cheese
- add 3 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- add 1 c. sour cream
- take 8 slices of pepper jack cheese and set aside.
- Cut the rest of the cheese into small squares. Mix cheese and cubed ham in a large bowl with cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Peel skin off sausages and cut into small bite sized pieces. cook sausage pieces in skillet, set aside.
- Bake all 3 potatoes - leave skin on two. Once baked, cut the two with skin in halves and scrape the potato guts into a bowl with the other pre-skinned potato. Leave your 4 potato shells in a baking pan - open side up.
- Mash potatoes with 1/2 cup sour cream until smooth. Mix in sausage, and the ham cheese mixture. (This part is best if mixed by hand)
- divide potato mixture into 4 sections and form into a large potato shape. Stuff the potato shells with the mixture ( will be piling way over the top of the potato skin shell!) Place all 4 potatoes in oven for 10 minutes at 400? - place two slices of pepper jack on each potato and bake for another 3-4 minutes until cheese melts.