From Taste of Home, this pizza has a thick, bready crust that's delicious.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- add 1 3/4-2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- add 4 ounces Canadian bacon
- add 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- add 1 1/2 cups warm water (110-115 degrees)
- add 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- add 1/4 cup chopped onions
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1/2 cup mushrooms
- add 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- add 1/2 lb bulk Italian sausages
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in water and add oil.
- Combine whole wheat flour, sugar, and salt; add to yeast mixture and stir until smooth.
- Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Punch dough down.
- Pat dough into bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a greased 14-inch pizza pan.
- Combine pizza sauce and sugar; spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms, onion, and olives.
- Layer with sausage, Canadian bacon, and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.