Served in the dining room of the U.S. Senate.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add salt and pepper
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1 meaty ham bone
- add 3 medium onions
- add 1 cup instant potato flakes
- add 1 lb dried great northern beans
- add 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- add 3 celery ribs
- Put beans and enough water to cover in pot.
- Bring to a boil, and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and soak for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- In large pot, put beans, ham bone, and 3 quarts water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat,cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add next 5 ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove hambone.
- Remove meat from bone and cut in small pieces.
- Return to pot.
- Heat through.