If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add crumbled bacon
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- add 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- add chopped scallions
- add 1 tablespoon stick butter or margarine
- add 3 lbs potatoes
- add shredded cheddar cheese
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 3 cups milk
- add 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Bake potatoes 1 hour or until tender when pierced. Peel when cool enough to handle.
- Melt Butter in a 4 to 6 qt pot over medium low heat. Stir in onions and garlic, cover and cook 10 minutes until soft, but not brown.
- Add 2/3 of the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add broth, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cut remaining potatoes in small cubes. Add to soup and stir gently to reheat. Sprinkle each serving with toppings.