Makes: 18 muffins
My Mother, Myrna, got this recipe from my Aunt Carol Rae. When she made them for me, I was in heaven from the very first bite. I didn't know something so good for you could taste good too!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups flour
- add 2 cups bran
- add 2 teaspoons baking soda
- add 1 cup buttermilk
- add 1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- add 1 egg
- add 1/3 cup molasses
- add 1/2 cup raisins
- add 1/2 cup orange flavored craisins
- add 2 small apples or 1 large (cored & unpeeled)
- add 2 small oranges or 1 large ( unpeeled, cut in wedges)
- add 1 cup pecans (or any you have on hand)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray
- Mix dry ingredients together-set aside
- Mix milk, egg, molasses in large bowl
- Chop all fruit and nuts in food processor (in batches if necessary)
- Add to wet ingredients. Stir well.
- Add dry ingredients. Stir until mixed
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 30 minutes