A hearty and healthy soup. Excellent on chilly days. Very easy to prepare.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- add 1 cup diced carrots
- add 1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- add 15 fluid ounces canned plum tomatoes
- add 1/4 cup uncooked ditalini or elbow macaroni
- add 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 2 cups diced zucchini
- add 3/4 cup chopped onions
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- add 3 cups water
- add 3/4 cup diced celery
- add 1 cup canned cannellini beans or you may use other white beans
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and saute' for 4 minutes or until just lightly browned.
- Add water, zucchini, carrots, canellini beans, celery, basil, oregano salt, pepper and garlic.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add macaroni; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.