Uncle Bill's Vegetarian Minestrone Soup
A hearty and healthy soup. Excellent on chilly days. Very easy to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 15 fluid ounces canned plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup uncooked ditalini or elbow macaroni
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans or you may use other white beans
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and saute' for 4 minutes or until just lightly browned.
- Add water, zucchini, carrots, canellini beans, celery, basil, oregano salt, pepper and garlic.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add macaroni; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Location: San Francisco , CA