This is a mouth-watering way to use up some of your zucchini bounty. If you didn't grow any zucchini this year, it will be worth going to the store to pick some up! I came up with this recipe the year I planted four zucchini plants...and the zucchini couldn't grow fast enough for our family! Every time there was one big enough, we made this recipe! :D And yes, the garlic amount is correct...a head, not a clove. It's very garlicky, but the garlic softens and mellows in texture and flavor. I've actually had the garlic "melt" (for lack of a better phrase) when baked long enough.
- add 1 large zucchini, cubed or 3-4 small zucchini
- add 1 head garlic
- add hot cooked noodles
- add 2 (16 ounce) jars alfredo sauce (I use Ragu brand)
- add 8 ounces cream cheese
- add 1/2 lb mushrooms
- add 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed or 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Combine chicken, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cream cheese cubes over all, then pour the alfredo sauce over the top and gently stir to moisten.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- Serve over hot, cooked noodles.
- Note: If desired, this could be made in the crockpot and cooked on low for 8 hours.