This is the recipe we use for observing Passover at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church. You can use syrup or sugar instead of the honey, but I like the honey. I'd also make this for the kids and I to eat as a snack.
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 1/4 cup oil
- add 1/4 cup honey
- add 2 cups water
- add 1 cup white flour
- add 4 cups whole-wheat flour
- Roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Score into about 1 inch squares.
- Cut into 4 x 5 rectangles.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 15 minutes.
- In the first minutes of baking, prick bubbles that may form.