Not your usual chocolate chip cookie. A family favorite from "Best of Friends" cookbook.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 1 cup butter
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- add 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla
- add 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- add 1 egg
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- With a mixer, cream the butter; add brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt and cinnamon.
- Blend into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Cover and chill until firm (can be refrigerated over night).
- Between palms of hands, roll small pieces of dough into 1-inch rounds and dredge in powdered sugar.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets--about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool 5 minutes on cookie sheets before removing to racks.
- Store in airtight container.