Servs: 7 Cook:
This is from the old Amy Vanderbilt cookbook. DO NOT USE PUMPKIN PIE MIX that comes in a can. You want only pumpkin not the mix which already has spices in it. This recipe uses a 9 inch unbaked pie shell.
- add 3 eggs
- add 1 1/4 cups cream
- add 1 cup sieved cooked pumpkin or canned pumpkin
- add 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- add 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- add 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- add 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- add 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Combine eggs, cream, and pumpkin in a glass bowl.
- Blend at low speed until smooth and well mixed.
- Sift in the dry ingredients except the nutmeg with the egg/cream/pumpkin mix.
- The blend again at high speed this time until smooth.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell that you prepared.
- Sprinkle with the nutmeg.
- Bake 30 minutes or until crust is browned and filling set.