Veg Kolhapuri Recipe
Veg kolhapuri is special and traditional mix veg sabzi of Maharashtra and is prepared by mixing spices. This can be served with chapati, paratha, poori, naan or kulcha.by chef montaser masoud
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Ingredients for Vegetable Kolhapuri
- add Carrot - 1
- add Potato - 1
- add Capsicum - 1
- add Cauliflower - 1 cup
- add Tomato - 3 (150 grams)
- add Ginger - 1 inch piece
- add Green peas - 1/4 cup
- add Cream - 1/2 cup
- add Dry coconut - 1/4 cup (grated)
- add Oil - for frying vegetables and making sabzi
- add Green coriander - 2-3 tbsp
- add Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- add Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- add Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- add Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- add Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- add Dry red chilly - 2
- add Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
- add Salt - 1 tsp (as per taste)
- add Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- How to make Veg Kolhapuri recipe ?
- Thoroughly wash vegetables and chop in small pieces. Wash tomatoes, green chilly and ginger and grind in mixture grinder to make fine paste. Preheat oil in a wok. When oil is sufficiently hot add potatoes in oil and fry until they turn little brown in color on high-medium flame. Take them out and then place cauliflower, carrot and capsicum in wok, one by one and fry until they turn little brown in color. Take them out in a bowl.
- Take another wok and dry roast sesame seeds and cumin seeds on low flame. Now add grated coconut into it and saute until it changes in color. Turn off the flame after sauteing spices and take it out in a bowl. Grind these ingredients once they turn cool.
- Preheat 2 tsp oil in a wok. When oil is sufficiently hot add asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder and saute the masala for while. Now add tomato-ginger paste, red chilly powder and dry red chilly and saute until oil starts separating from it. After sauteing masala add sesame, cumin seeds-coconut powder. Saute for few more minutes and then add cream into it. Stir constantly and saute for 2-3 minutes.