Vegan Red Lentil Soup
Filed Under: soup-recipe courtesy montaser masoud
Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
About Me:Montaser Masoud Adopting value for money principle. By knowing our forecast as well business nationalities mix to deliver the expected quality and quantity meets our guest expectation Explain kitchen chef yield concept and yield percentage. Calculate the cost of a recipe for kitchen menu.
- add INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
- add 375 ml peanut oil
- add 25 small onion, chopped
- add 140 g minced fresh ginger root
- add 25 cloves garlic, chopped
- add 25 g fenugreek seeds
- add 4.8 kg dry red lentils
- add 3.5 kg butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- add 385 g finely chopped fresh cilantro
- add 10 liters water
- add 12-1/2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- add 810 g tomato paste
- add 50 g curry powder
- add 5 g cayenne pepper
- add 25 g ground nutmeg
- add salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onion, ginger, garlic, and fenugreek until onion is tender.
- 2. Mix the lentils, squash, and cilantro into the pot. Stir in the water, coconut milk, and tomato paste. Season with curry powder, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes, or until lentils and squash are tender.
- Servings 100