A great way to use up an abundant zucchini crop, add some other vegetables and you have an easy to make appetizer. I usually serve this with sour cream and chives on the side.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 large carrot
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- add 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- add 1/2 cup strong cheddar cheese
- add 1 cup flour
- add 1/2 cup red onions
- add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1/2 cup red peppers
- add 4 eggs
- add 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- add 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- add 3 cups zucchini
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Make sure your zucchini is well drained, I put it in a clean tea towel and squeeze it dry.
- Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, parmesan cheese, pepper sauce, parsley and vegetables. Set aside
- Combine dry ingredients and stir into liquid mixture.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Spread mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake about 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly, cut into tiny 1" squares, serve warm or cold, I prefer these at room temperature.