Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
Just obtained some foods and figured out a way to use them together. I apologize for the photo - I am not into presentation but rather into taste and nutrition. Please give it a try as it is tasty!
- add 1/2 pound lentils
- add 1/4 pound barley
- add 6 ounces peanut/almond butter
- add 1/2 large butternut squash
- add 4 cups loose spinach
- add 1/2 onion
- add 2 tsp curry
- add 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- add water sufficient for boiling with a little left over to make creamy (no draining)
- add add hot sauce as desired
- In a large sauce pan with cover, par-boil lentils and barley with seasoning salt in sufficient water until just about done. Takes about 20 minutes.
- Add cubed butternut squash and peanut/almond butter along with chopped onion and curry. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach, folding in and simmer for just another 2-3 minutes and turn off heat. With lid on the mixture will continue to cook the spinach. Let non-heat applied cooking continue for several more minutes then serve.