This is another recipe that I threw together to serve to my "almost" vegetarian friend I am not a vegetarian but really enjoyed this recipe. You may vary the veggies that you put in it - It may even be part of "clean the fridge" of leftover veggies. The prepared meat substitute is pre cooked and only needs ro be warmed through. Serve with pasta or rice. An avocado is nice on the side. Use hot, medium or mild salsa, homemade or bought . Season with salt & Pepper
- add 1 cup salsa
- add 3 garlic cloves
- add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- add 1 teaspoon pico de gallo, spice (optional)
- add 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- add 1 cup sugar snap peas
- add 1 cup carrots
- add 2 chopped tomatoes
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 (340 g) package vegetarian ground beef
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, turn heat to medium add onions mushrooms and garlic, stir fry until well browned.
- Add carrots cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add Tomatoes, stir.
- Add peas stir cook one minute.
- Crumble the veggie ground round into the skillet, mix well.
- Cover and let it heat through over med-low heat, stir a couple of times (apprx 10 minutes).
- Serve with cooked pasta or rice.
- Divide the salsaover each serving on the plates or serve it on the side.