A great weight watchers recipe from better homes and gardens. 1 point per roll.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- add 1 small fresh jalapeno or serrano chili
- add 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- add 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- add 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- add cilantro (to garnish)
- add 2 green onions
- add 1/2 cup shredded daikon radishes or radishes
- add 1/2 cup short thin strips cucumbers
- add 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- add shredded carrots (to garnish)
- add 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- add 6 rice paper sheets (8.5 inch diameter)
- add 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Combine first 6 ingredients oin one bowl, and the next four in another bowl.
- Cover each and refrigerate beteen 2- 24 hours.
- Stir once and drain.
- Pour 1 cup warm water into a pie plate.
- Carefully dip rice papers into water, one at a time.
- Place papers one at a time on clean kitchen towels (not touching).
- Let soften until pliable.
- Place 1/4 cup bean sprouts on each rice paper near the edge.
- Place one rounded tablespoon of each vegetable mixture on the sprouts.
- Fold in the ends, and tightly roll the rice paper.
- Place seam side down on a plate.
- Cover with a damp towel, and repeat until done.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Cut each roll in half diagonally to make 12 pieces.
- Garnish with carrot and cilantro.