I never liked egg rolls 'til I had these! Spring roll wraps make the outside nice and crisp without overcooking the inside. Egg roll wraps can be used if unavailable. Preparation time does not include frying time.
- add 1/2 head cabbage
- add 2-3 green onions
- add 2 packages spring roll wrappers (the frozen kind)
- add 1/2 head napa cabbage
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 lb pork
- add 1 large carrot
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 egg (for wrapping)
- add 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Defrost spring roll wraps as directed on package.
- Mix cabbages, carrot, garlic, green onion, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add pork and soy sauce and mix well.
- Lay wrap in front of you so it looks like a diamond.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons pork filling in center (so it is like a log going from right point to left point).
- Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once.
- Fold in right and left points.
- Brush beaten egg on top point.
- Finish rolling wrap.
- Repeat with remaining filling.
- Heat 2-3 inches oil in large frying pan to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Place a few egg rolls in pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (being carefull not to crowd the pan).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite sweet and sour sauce.