A light and refreshing soup for summer or fall. Can be served hot or cold. Made quickly and easily, yet looks elegant and tastes amazing.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/2 cups leeks
- add 1 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/2 cup nonfat milk (or evaporated milk or sour cream for a thicker soup)
- add 4 large potatoes
- add 1 tablespoon chives
- add 1-2 quart chicken stock
- Begin simmering chicken stock.
- Peel, and chop potatoes to about 1/2 inch in size. Add to stock and simmer.
- Rinse leeks well. Slice thinly and add to stock after potatoes have cooked through.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Puree in blender.
- Add soup back into stockpot, and add milk, pepper, and salt.
- Add chives as garnish.