Recipie came from "Aunt Lynn". As she says....this is "Happy". And you will be too.... This is the easiest recipie for a classic italian meal. Prep time is exact.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/4 cups vodka
- add 4 tablespoons fresh basil
- add 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- add 5 cloves garlic
- add 1 large sweet onion
- add 2 cups heavy cream
- add 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- add 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- saute onion, garlic, and olive oil in large sauce pot untill translucent, do NOT overcook or brown.
- add 2 cans of crushed tomatoes, and vodka.
- cook about 1/2 hour or untill all alchohol has burned off.
- add heavy cream and basil.
- add tomatoe paste to your descretion, although sauce should be of a thick consistency, some people like theirs thin.
- Let saute about 1/2 hour.
- Seve with penne and freshly grated parmesan cheese.