One of my favorite brew pubs in Boulder, Colorado! They were nice enough to share this recipe with me after I bothered them for it for about 5 years. Serve this dip with fresh tortilla chips and your favorite craft beer.
- add 1/2 lb sweet onions
- add 1/2 lb tomatoes
- add 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- add 2 1/2 lbs monterey jack pepper cheese
- add flour tortillas
- add 1/2 large red bell pepper
- add 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- Place cheese and milk in the top of a double boiler over simmering (not boiling) water.
- Heat very slowly, stirring frequently, until cheese is smooth and melted.
- Use slightly more than half of the 10-ounce package of spinach for the dip.Save remaining spinach for another use.
- Thoroughly drain spinach to be used in con queso, squeezing out as much moisture as possible.
- Stir spinach, bell pepper, onions and tomatoes into cheese mixture.Mix well.
- Cook, covered, over simmering (not boiling) water about 15 minutes.
- Serve as a dip for fresh tortillas that have been cut in triangles and fried in vegetable oil.