Matt McMillan, Big Bowl's executive chef, threw together these items for his lunch one day. We ran it as a special the next week. It's simple and delicious.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6 mint leaves, julienned
- add 2 tablespoons ground golden peanuts
- add 6 to 8 medium-large shrimp, butterflied and poached until just done
- add 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- add 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- add 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- add Mixed greens
- add 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- add 1/3 cup finely julienned cucumber
- add 2 tablespoons ground dried shrimp
- add 1 tablespoon fine peanut oil
- add 1 cup just-cooked jasmine rice
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- add 2 tablespoons julienned fresh red fresno chile pepper (or other chile)
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- When the rice is just cooked and has sat 10 to 20 minutes, combine it with the chile, dried shrimp, peanuts, cucumber, cilantro leaves, and mint.
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, oils, and sugar, and mix into the rice. Toss in the black pepper and shrimp. Serve on a bed of greens.