Delicious and simple--you can have this on the table in mere minutes. Use bottled vinaigrette or make your own. I used a double recipe of Bergy's Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette (recipe #96361)--it was fantastic and complimented the dish perfectly. I served topped with freshly ground black pepper and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- add 1/2 cup dijon vinaigrette
- add 2 cups broccoli florets (1 bunch)
- add 1/2 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- add 1/2 lb havarti cheese, cut in 1/4-inch cubes (I think provolone would also be good here)
- add 2 (9 ounce) packages fresh cheese tortellini
- Cook tortellini in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Add the broccoli for the last 5 minutes of cooking (you will probably be adding it the same time you add the pasta).
- Combine cheese, peppers and dressing in a large bowl. Drain pasta and broccoli; add to the other ingredients in the bowl and toss.