Courtesy of Sandra Lee on foodnetwork.tv. Saw her prepare these and they looked very interesting and different, needless to say very tasty. It was on her episode "Asian Hot & Spicy". Chilling time is an hour.
- add 1/2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- add 4 tablespoons wasabi mayonnaise
- add 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat
- add 4 flour tortillas
- add 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- add 2 tablespoons green onions
- add 2 tablespoons prepared wasabi, garnish (optional)
- add 1 teaspoon finely chopped chives
- add 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 1 large egg
- In medium bowl combine all ingredients for crabmeat mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly coat 1 side of each tortilla, with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle each of 2 tortillas, egg sides up, with 1 tablespoon sliced green onions.
- Take remaining 2 tortillas egg sides facing down and place on top of onion sprinkled tortillas.
- Press firmly together.
- With a 2" round cutter (or empty tomato paste can with top and bottom removed) carefully cut 8-10 rounds from each tortilla sandwich.
- Place green onion pancakes in a dry nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Toast pancake until golden brown on each side.
- Remove to a plate and set aside.
- To serve, spoon a small amount of crab mixture on top of each pancake.
- Garnish with chives &/or a very, very, small amount of prepared wasabi.