Clipped this out of our local paper awhile back. It sounds so yummy. I have not made it as yet but I am putting it here for safe keeping. Be sure to use freshly made wasabi paste available at sushi bars, large supermarkets or Asian markets. Because the wasabi and the avocado are the same color, be sure to mix the ingredients well.
- add 1 pinch kosher salt
- add 1 small garlic clove
- add 1 teaspoon tsp. minced pickled ginger
- add 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- add 1 large ripe Hass avocado
- add 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- add 1 lime, juice of (abt 1 1/2 Tbls.)
- Halve the avocado, remove seed.With a paring knife, crisscross through the flesh; using a teaspoon, scoop out the diced flesh into a medium-sized bowl.Add the lime juice.Using a fork or pastry blender, mash the avocado, leaving some texture.Add the wasabi paste, ginger, garlic and a pinch of salt (to taste).Mix well.Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more wasabi and salt if needed.Serve with torilla chips or deep-fried won ton triangles.Makes about 1 cup.