If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (4-lb) piece watermelon, rind discarded and flesh cut into large chunks (7 cups)
- add 8 slices firm white sandwich bread, crusts discarded and bread torn into pieces
- add 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- add 3/4 cup whole blanched almonds
- add 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- add 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- add 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- add 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Seed 1 cup watermelon chunks and cut into small dice. Purée remaining watermelon in a blender (in batches if necessary). Pour purée through
- a sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids, and discard seeds.
- Return juice to blender and blend together with ice, almonds, and garlic (in batches if necessary) until smooth. Add bread, vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste and blend, adding oil in a slow stream, until smooth. Top with diced watermelon.