Posted for ZWT II - Africa/Middle East, as taken from Epicurean.com. This is such an easy cake that even the kids can make it with some adult supervision.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 eggs
- add chopped peanuts (optional)
- add 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 1/2 cups flour
- add 1 lime, juice of
- Cream the sugar and butter, add the well beaten eggs and the lime juice, then the flour and baking powder.
- Pour into greased and flured 8" square cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until straw stuck into cneter comes out clean.Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top for garnish if you like.