An easy recipe for making White Cake from Scratch. You can even make cup cakes from this recipe. Just line muffin tins with paper liners and bake for 20-25 min. Frost them and add sprinkles, chocolate shots or confectioner's candy.
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 1 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.