This is the first place winner for 2005 in a White Castle Hamburger cookoff.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add hot mashed potatoes or wide egg noodles
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- add 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1 cup water
- add 1 beef bouillon cube
- add 10 White Castle hamburgers
- add 8 ounces baby portobella mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If hamburgers have pickles; remove them.
- Seperate meat from buns. separate tops from bottoms.
- place all buns on cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven a few minutes until lightly toasted.
- Boil bouillon cube with water until it is dissolved.
- In skillet, melt butter. Saute mushrooms until lightly browned.
- In separate saucepan, mix soup and Worcestershire sauce. Slowly whisk in bouillon mixture. Add crumbled sandwich meat and onion.
- Add mushrooms. Heat over medium heat until thoroughly warmed.
- Cut toasted buns into croutons.
- Serve mushroom and burger mixture over potatoes, or noodles. Top with croutons.