This is a basic white sauce that can be used for pasta or vegetables. Add your favorites for lazagna, and it's great! This can also be used as a cream soup base.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- add 1/4 cup margarine
- add 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- add 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 1/2 cups cream or half-and-half
- add 2 cups milk
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1 dash nutmeg
- add 2 tablespoons flour
- Melt butter and margarine in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir.
- Add milk and cream, stir.
- Mix together broth and cornstarch add to saucepan.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add salt, spices and cheese.