I made this one day when I was in a very big hurry to get to work, but I also wanted a nice dinner to come home too. Since my Fiance works the same hours almost that I do...well, that wasn't happening. So, I decided to see how a whole frozen chicken would do in a crockpot, and it was great!
- add 1/2 tablespoon salt (I like kosher)
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- add 1 tablespoon onion powder
- add 1 small onion
- add 1 lb cremini mushrooms or button mushrooms
- add 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- add 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- add 1 (3 lb) frozen whole chickens (or a chicken that with just fit in your crockpot)
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- add 2 tablespoons honey
- Place the chicken and the mushrooms in a crockpot set to low.
- (I put mine on high, but it's really old and doesn't heat up as well as it should, so go with your instincts on this one).
- Place all the other ingredients in a food processor (I use one mini food processor) and blend them into a paste.
- Pour the paste over the chicken and mushrooms, cover with the lid, and let it cook for about 10 hours ENJOY.
- PS it will be very VERY tender so be careful when you are taking it out of the crockpot because it will just fall apart.
- Also, the stock that the chicken makes is GREAT for chicken noodle soup!