Haven't tried these yet. Cooking time includes putting the dough in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to firm it up a little before cutting into cookies.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1-2 teaspoon bourbon (optional)
- add 1-2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 cup pecans
- add 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (fine grain)
- add 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- add 1/2 cup unbleached cane sugar, fine grain (Alter-Eco brand, for example)
- add 1 cup unsalted butter
- add powdered sugar
- add 1 cup oat flour
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Puree the pecans in a food processor until they become a fine meal.Don't over-process.If they become a paste, you've gone too far.
- In a bowl, cream the butter.Add the sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and bourbon (if using).Mix in the nut meal.
- Slowly add in the flours and salt and mix until a firm dough is formed.
- Place the dough on a piece of plastic wrap and form the dough into a 3/4 inch thick disk.Cover the dough with another piece of plastic wrap and chill 10-15 minutes.this will make it easier to stamp the cookies.
- Cut the dough with 1-inch cookie cutter.
- Place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies barely begin to brown.
- Dust cookies with powdered sugar.