MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm Hot biscuits or wonderful light dumplings on a stew. from Canadian Diabetes Association.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- add 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- add 1 tablespoon baking powder
- add 1/4 teaspoon basil
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- add 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- add 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- add 1 cup skim milk
- Combine flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- cut in margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives.
- Add milk, mix quickly.
- Turn out onto a floured board.
- Knead 6 to 8 times.
- Roll 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into 12, 2 inch round biscuits or into wedges or squares.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- for herb biscuits, add basil, thyme and parsley to dry ingriedients.
- (these make great dumplings).