This is Top Secret Recipe's version of Der Wienerschnitzel's Chili Sauce. DW is a chain of fast food hot dog joints.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- add 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- add 1/2 cup Wondra Flour
- add 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- add 1/4 cup cornstarch
- add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 6 cups water
- add 1 tablespoon salt
- add 3/4 lb ground beef
- add 1/4 cup chili powder (McCormick)
- add 1/4 lb ground pork
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- Brown ground beef and ground pork in a large saucepan over medium heat, making sure that the meat is well crumbled.
- When the meat is completely browned cover saucepan and turn heat to low.
- After ten minutes, remove the ground meat from the heat and drain off most of the fat.
- Keep some of it in the pan.
- While the meat is still off the heat, mix the water and the cornstarch.
- Whisk the cornstarch thoroughly as it's added until it's dissolved into the water.
- Do the same for the Wondra flour.
- Add water mixture to the pan.
- You can now set the pan over medium heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil stirring often.
- When chili begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- When chili is done it will be much thicker and darker, like the real thing.
- You can use this chili sauce on hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries or take it solo.
- NOTE: Wondra flour is a finely-ground quick-mixing flour used in sauces and gravies.
- It is made by Gold Medal and can usually be found in the baking aisle next to the other flour.