If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter<br> 5 tablespoons olive oil<br> 9 tablespoons all purpose flour<br> 3/4 cup dry white wine<br> 6 tablespoons low-salt chicken broth<br> 6 tablespoons whole milk<br> 1/4 teaspoon (generous) ground nutmeg<br> 1/2 cup finely c
- Melt butter with 5 tablespoons oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; stir 3 minutes. Gradually stir in wine, broth, milk, and nutmeg. Stir until mixture thickens, about 45 seconds. Add ham and parsley; cook until mixture is thick, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- Spread ham mixture on plate. Refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
- Place beaten eggs and panko in separate medium bowls. Shape ham mixture into 1-inch balls. Dip balls in egg, then coat with panko.
- Heat enough oil to come 1/2 inch up sides of pan in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of croquettes and fry until golden brown, turning occasionally, about 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining croquettes. Transfer to platter.
- * Available at Asian markets and in the Asian foods section of some supermarkets.