The launch of Weight Watchers Core Program is quickly inspiring recipes that use neither sugar nor flour. These tasty cakes can be served at breakfast or to accompany an entree. I made them with Ancho Chili Pork Chops #64718 and got raves.
- add 1 egg
- add 1/3 cup frozen corn
- add 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- add 1/4 cup onions
- add 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- add 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 cup yogurt cheese (optional)
- add 1/2 cup water
- Mix yogurt, water and egg together in bowl; add in cornmeal and baking powder and stir together until batter is moist.
- If you like sweeter cakes, especially for breakfast, add Splenda at same time.
- Let batter stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Quickly fold in corn and grated onions.
- Heat pan over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray; add batter to the pan in spoonfuls.
- For best results, keep the cakes 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Let first side cook until tops is dry around the edges; turn and cook other side.
- Serve with a dollop of soft yogurt cheese.
Recipe Reviews 1 reviews