I like these in part because these are the cookies I have had all of my life, The recipe was my grandmothers, She was 70 when I was born.She was born in 1869. They are also very good
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 cups brown sugar
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 5 1/2 cups flour
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 cup sour milk (make by adding 1tsp vinegar,and let set for a little while)
- add 1 cup shortening or butter
- Cream sugar and shortening, add eggs and beat together.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll out on Floured board and cut out with favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool and Frost.