Just right for the holidays! Serve this delicious, pretty yam dish and your friends will think you're a gourmet chef. Hint: It's really easy to prepare! Tested at high altitude.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- add 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- add 2 medium yams
- add 4 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- add 1 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed or canned/reconstituted)
- Bake yams (skin on) at 350-degrees until tender when pierced with fork (approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour).
- Remove from oven and wrap in damp paper towel.
- Increase oven temperature to 450-degrees.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel off skin.
- Slice yams into 1/2" thick rounds.
- (For extra-nice presentation, after you've cut the rounds, use a cookie cutter to create scalloped edges or fancy shapes.) Place yam slices in a shallow baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and pour orange juice over all.
- Mix nutmeg with brown sugar and sprinkle atop each slice.
- Top each slice with finely chopped pecans.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until the sugar is melted and pecans slightly toasted.
- Serve immediately.