This is so far the BEST yeast free bread that I have baked for my daughter who has candida. It tastes really nice, holds together well and is so quick and easy to make. I adapted this recipe from an Irish Soda Bread recipe called Wheaten Bread which I found on an untitled web site.
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1/4 cup rolled oats
- add 2 cups rice milk (or preferred milk incl. buttermilk)
- add 3 cups whole-wheat flour
- add 1 tablespoon sugar (I use sweetener as my daughter has candida)
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- add 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg.
- celcius (392 deg. farenheit).
- Combine all dry ingredients then mix butter through well with a fork.
- Add milk (and sweentener if it is a liquid) mix until well combined.
- Put mixture into a greased loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove bread from tin and cool on a rack.