This recipe originally came from The Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas. It's a different salsa recipe. It's good served with lobster or mahi-mahi.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lb yellow tomatoes
- add 1 garlic clove
- add salt
- add 1 shallot
- add 2 serrano chili peppers
- add 2 tablespoons cilantro
- add 1 tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar
- add 1 tablespoon maple syrup (use only if tomatoes aren't sweet enough)
- add 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Pulse the tomatoes in a food processor until well chopped.DO NOT PUREE.
- Transfer the tomatoes and their juices to a mixing bowl and stir in shallot, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, chilies, lime juice, and salt.Mix well.Taste.If needed, add maple syrup to balance the flavor and sweeten slightly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until very cold.This may be refrigerated for up to 8 hours before serving.Seasonings may need to be adjusted to taste.