This dessert was described to me as the sexiest ever dessert! You can serve it as is or use it as a topping for fresh fruit. You may substitue your favorite liquer for the Marsala but this recipe must have alcohol in it. This recipe is from the Australian Women's weekly Italian cookbook
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler,.
- Beat for a few minutes off the stove with an electric beater until really well combined Put mixture over simmering water.
- Gradually beat in half the Marsala and half the white wine.
- Gradually beat in the remaining wine.
- Beat really well.
- While still on the stove over the simmering water beat constantly for about 10 minutes until thick& creamy If the mixture adheres to the side of the pan quickly remove from heat and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon, especially around the base of the pan Pour into individual serving dishes.