Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
this recipe is in request of online fan...
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 cups of Basmatti rice wash & soaked about 3 hrs before cooking
- add 2 cups dry zereshk (bar berry) soaked about 3 hrs
- add 1large onion slice thin
- add 2 TBS all spice
- add 1 teas turmeric
- add 1 teas paprika
- add extra virgin olive oil
- add as much needed
- add 1 teas saffron
- on a large non stick, saut? the onion to golden brown add the allspice, turmeric,paprika,saffron.
- drain the zereshk (bar berry) add to onion toss lightly put on the side .
- cook the rice according to direction.on package
- In a big non stick pot using olive oil ,layer with the zereshk( bar berry) onion and spice and on top add more olive oil .cver the pot and steam for 15 min.
- make sure for fluffy rice not to over cook the rice in the bigining..