Wonderful appetizer and can even be used as a side dish to your favorite meal. A good way to use up all those zucchini in the garden when the summer get underway! Got this from a neighborhood cookbook.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 medium onions
- add 4 cups zucchini
- add 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- add 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- add 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- add 2 teaspoons dry basil or 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- add 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- add 1/4 cup romano cheese (optional)
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 9-inch pie shell
- add 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- add 2 eggs
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan, except the egg and cheese.
- Saute the ingredients approximately 10 min.
- until tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Do not let zucchini become too soft.
- Beat the eggs and mix with the Mozarella cheese, romano cheese, and zucchini mixture.
- Spread in the shell and sprinkle with some Mozarella cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven 350* for about 30 min.
- until cooked.
- Serve warm or cooled.
- Slightly warm is best.