Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
"This is a creative, unusual casserole that's one of my grandmother's favorites. It combines zucchini and bell pepper with Cheddar cheese, spices and crispy corn flakes. Bread crumbs can be used in place of cornflakes."
- add 2 eggs, beaten
- add 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- add 1 cup cornflakes cereal
- add 1 teaspoon dried basil
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- add 1/2 cup olive oil
- add 8 cups diced zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, bell pepper, cornflakes, cheese, oil, basil, and eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown.