The Monterey Jack cheese is surprising in this "Italian" dish but it works better than Italian cheeses, in my opinion.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 1 (15 ounce) jar marinara sauce (or the equivalent amount of homemade)
- add 1/4 cup olive oil
- add 1/4 teaspoon basil leaves
- add 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (4 ounces)
- add 1/2 cup red wine
- add 2-3 zucchini
- Saute zucchini in 3 Tablespoons olive oil until lightly browned; drain.
- Place in 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Combine marinara sauce, wine, remaining oil, garlic, basil and oregano in small saucepan; stir well.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon sauce over zucchini; mix well.
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce; cover.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer.